So now that you have gathered the facts, its time to evaluate them. The evaluation process in decision-making is where your priorities/concerns/preconceived notions meet qualitative and quantitative truth. This is the opportunity to weigh what you want against the reality of what is. When evaluating, consider the following:
- What are the costs behind each option?
- What are the benefits of each option?
- What are the drawbacks behind each option?
- What are the unknowns?
- Are there possible solutions to overcome the potential setbacks behind each option? If so, at what cost? And if not, is it worth more research and cost to find out?
- How will each outcome impact my overall goal?